Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Five on Friday :Five Minutes On The Beach.




This Friday I thought I would take you for another five minute wander. This time to my local beach. I am of course joining Amy for Five on Friday.

Most days I potter across the road to see what is happening on the beach. Towering over it is a Martello tower. It was built in the 1780's when England and Jersey were at war with France. A series of these towers were built on the French facing coast to help defend the Island in the event of an attack by France. From the beach you can see a white painted patch. This is to help those at sea to recognise which tower is which. Each tower has a different shape. 

On this five minute trip I spotted some strange metal on the beach. Not sure if it was brought in by storm Imogen or wether it is there to create sea defences. What do you think?

The tide was on its way out, but for once, the sun was shining and reflecting in the pools of sea water. I love the colour of the sea wall. The granite is such a warm colour.

It's a real winter beach. Continual storms change the distribution of sand making it much more stoney at the moment. Love the ripples in the sand, ever changing and adding to the beauty.

Look at that sky. A treat to see blue with scudding clouds.

This is where I regularly swim. Hopefully in a couple more months , it's slightly chilly at the moment.

Hope you enjoyed your walk. I'll bring you back later on in the year. I have a kayak so I may even take you out to sea!

Have a good weekend.

Barbara xx

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar