Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Party Sub

Its fun to change things up a bit with dinner.  My family complains that they will like something I make, but won't get it again for months :)  That is not always true, BUT I think I get bored with the same old same old sometimes.

We have our traditional game day sub that we love, but needed something new for dinner.  Enter this sandwich.  It is funny posting a recipe for a meat and cheese sandwich, but sometimes when I see something like this on a blog, it is like one of those AHA moments and I set off to make it.  We made a simpler version for the kids, but put the works on for my husband and I's portion.  It was a simple to throw together meal that was filling and delicious all in one.  These are starting to be my favorite type of meals now a days!  This would also be perfect for Superbowl Sunday! 


Party Sub
*1 loaf French bread (make your own if you can, but don’t stress it if that’s not happening)
1 lb. high-quality thinly sliced deli meat (have you ever tried sun dried tomato turkey breast?  WOW delish! You can find it at the local deli counter at the supermarket)
4-6 oz. deli-sliced cheese (I prefer Provolone or Muenster)
–Desired toppings like lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, green peppers, cucumbers, pickles, **red/yellow/orange peppers, mayonnaise, mustard, etc.
Sprinkling of oregano; this is the secret ingredient and it makes the sandwich AMAZING, but don’t combine it with honey mustard–for some reason, the combo of oregano and honey mustard is something the Devil himself dreamed up in his wildest  
fantasies.
                                                      
*I found day-old Italian bread at a local grocery store and used that and I thought this was super yummy…so use any type of specialty bread you want
**Have you ever bought the bags of small red/orange/yellow bell peppers from Costco (or even walmart sells them too for a slightly higher cost)? These are my favorite peppers to buy.  One of the peppers is the perfect size for an individual sandwich or salad.  They cost less than larger ones and we use them for everything!
Recipe from our best bites

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar