A recent discussion in the comments of this Grognardia post has gotten me to think about Resurrection in my game. I don't hate the spell, as some Old Schoolers do, and I find it a welcome alternative to a litany of similar characters. My old group bordered on "Knuckles IV" syndrome a la Knights of the Dinner Table.
In my recent discussion of LotF-- Raggi's Game, I discussed how I preferred human characters. I've decided one way to encourage this without "nerfing" (to use the common parlance) Demi-humans is to not allow them to be Resurrected. For the purposes of my setting Demi-humans do not have souls which can be retrieved from the afterlife using this spell. The Church takes is to mean they have no souls whatsoever, though this is up for debate. It could be simply that Dwarves, Elves, Froglings (?), and Halflings (?) have their own afterlife or a litany of other possibilities.

0 Yorumlar