Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

This Spring's Easter 2021

Ad-Free Blog

In the Past, bunnies and Ivy woven with Forsythia decorated the Porch to Welcome Spring and Company.

oldnewgreenredo

Every bunny needs his own cabbage, too.

Like many seniors, this will be the second Easter without a ham in our oven or a carrot cake on the island. 

oldnewgreenredo

No family gathered, and not an Easter egg hidden anywhere. 


oldnewgreenredo

No rice krispie bunnies, 

oldnewgreenredo


but, maybe a chocolate one or two..., 

oldnewgreenredo

and Grampa won't be wearing the Bunny head, 

oldnewgreenredo

Our only Grand, won't be bringing sweet flowers. 

oldnewgreenredo

She was six here...combat boots with hot pink laces...Love her...OOOOooodles!

But we are thankful we are all still healthy, everyone is employed, and safe. Though I ache to hug my boys, my d'in'loves and my Grand.

oldnewgreenredo

Sigh, we are still playing it safe, I will have my second shot on the 8th, so no gathering with anyone for the week before. Hubby has had his second. We will have a family gathering 2 weeks after that.


Meanwhile, I find it hard to decorate for Spring at all. 
It's dreary outside, the bulbs refuse to bloom.

oldnewgreenredo

I've been looking at my posts from past Spring seasons. One thing about blogging, it is a record of one's life. 

oldnewgreenredo

I remember how excited I was to find this platter. 
Perfect for Spring.

oldnewgreenredo

My little Tulip lovers stood guard by a Danish coffee pot full of... 


oldnewgreenredo

Red Tulips!

oldnewgreenredo

Some Springs were full of flowers, eggs and Bunnies. The Grand found this bunny and thought it needed to sit on the egg wreath.

Often, my Great Grand Aunts' needlework covered the buffet.

oldnewgreenredo

I displayed birds and eggs, everywhere.

oldnewgreenredo

I put out vintage postcard prints...here the Scandinavian Elf greets 
the Easter bunnies! 


oldnewgreenredo

Sometimes, bunnies, cabbages, eggs, and crocus graced the island in the kitchen.

oldnewgreenredo

I did art and craft shows for years, and couldn't resist beautiful eggs.

Two of a friends' handwork in a wooden bowl. Aren't they beautiful?
They were made by a crafter named, Judy Loving some 30 years ago, 
 each inked and painted by hand. 

I wish you all A Lovely Spring, 
a Healthy Holiday, 
and of course Happy Easter. 

oldnewgreenredo

Only one Daffodil is blooming now...
maybe if it warms up...
we can have Daffodils for Spring for company!


Please Join me at these fine blog parties:


Please do not use my photos without a link back to this blog without my permission.

Thank you for your cooperation, 
Sandi 
 


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar