Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Priority mail and other things.

I have had two of my grandkids since yesterday.  Due to certain family needs, I was asked if I could keep them for another night.  
I figured that my husband would grimace, to say the least.  And I was pretty sure that the kids would say, "we wanna go home."
So I called DH, with the news, and he said, "That's fine.  No problem.  OK. Sure."
WTH????
I went out into the living room, to tell the kids that they were staying another night.  I tried to broach it to them gently.  Their eyes got big, they they yelled............"YAY!"
So, the message here, is what the heck do I know???
Not much, apparently.


The other day I was searching for empty cardboard spools, to put a towel warp on.  Even though I have a lot of them, most of them had thread on them.
Because I have been using up partial spools of rug warp for the last month, I had a bag of those tubes, which I usually throw away.
And I had an idea.  Maybe it was time to do some recycling.
So I got a Priority box, the medium size, and used a spool that I had as a template.

 I used some gorilla glue, and left them sitting on the counter overnight.


I made about 20 of them, and they seem pretty sturdy.  I wound a few, and they are as good as the ones I bought.  This makes me very happy.   I love to repurpose.


Some new chair pads hit the shelves.

And I found a model for a hat fresh off the knitting needles.

She could probably sell you just about anything, ya think?


I am not gonna lie to you, they wear me out.   They make a lot of noise.  One minute they are playing great together, the next minute it's war.  They make incredible messes everywhere, and I am right behind them making them pick up after themselves.  I try to balance their time,  between playing computer games, playing outside, and amusing themselves, which they actually do quite well.
They are really pretty sweet kids, and I love having them.  I don't know how long I will be able to keep up with them, but so far I'm doing OK.
I know too well how quickly they grow up.
I missed a lot with my own kids, working two jobs.
I won't make that mistake again.
Weaving can wait.
I know.........do you believe I said that?
Well, I did.  And I mean it.







Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar