Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Bricks and Wiring

Much as I dislike wiring and dealing with it I decided it couldn't be put off any longer.  I routed out channels in the outer walls and tested all the lights afterwards.

Everything seems to be working.



Of course the transformer I had isn't the right type for my outlet strip so I've had to order one.  While I'm waiting for that to come in I'll reattach all the plugs for the lights.

But once the wires were set I could add the brick to the exterior.  I bought some brick stencils from Moonflower Minis and used drywall spackle as my brick.

Once it dried I added paint and coated it with ceramcoat then added mortar.



I added more ceramcoat once the mortar dried and I'll age the brick with some 'soot' as I did the wooden 'storefront' earlier.  I want to add my shingles and roof edging before I do that though, since the sooty rain would drip down the store front and brick.

Finishing the roof would be a good idea too. You think? LOL


My roof trim.  It'll look better once the glue has dried and I'm not taking a picture from a really awful angle.  I'm a little nervous about leaving the front flat and not closing in the rest of the shop.  The Building Inspector has been very interested in the entire endeavor.

My other little project is a birdhouse I'm messing around with.  I used some of my brick paper for the exterior and made stucco like the WQRC to give it a Tudor look.  The interior is scrapbook paper.  I'm waiting on a few pieces to come from Shapeways so I have something inside besides the Christmas tree.





I'm using some of my left over shingles from the WQRC for the roof and I'll do the same paint treatment to give them a slate look.

A few more weeks before the deadline.  I might actually make it.  Don't know for sure but I'm hopeful.






Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar