Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Kanye West for Adidas Originals.......did it work?

 Say what you like about Kanye West, but he never gives up. Possibly even when he should. Not content with previous attempts at NYFW causing scorn and bad reviews - he has now given his time to designing for Adidas. However it was far from......well.....hmmm....

Reviews of the collection were mixed. Some found bits they liked (indeed I love those ripped jumpers) but others (mostly) were full of scorn. I will admit that while fashion is not known for always being wearable, this is just bizarre.

Models looked like strange genital-less aliens on the runway clad in full body stockings with bras over the top. Then there was the ripped jumpers and the coats without pants. One reviewer compared it to Derelict in Zoolander and even though I was breaking myself laughing.....I agreed.

That ripped jumper that I like, is the only piece. It's a punk piece so no wonder I enjoyed it. However, the price of that jumper and the DIY nature of punk means that I don't think any of us are going to run out and buy it just for some artful holes. I don't think so. Good attempt though.
 I will say this for West, the runway was diverse. It had all manner of skin tones, shades, tattoos, colors, piercings and shapes. It was impressive. Fashion has a habit of not being diverse enough and not featuring models which are outside of the Russian teenager stereotype. It was good to see some runway with a bit of difference!
 (note - if you do a colorful tights then don't do sheer. Otherwise you look ill. I learned this the hard way. If you do it - do it with opague. Go as thick as your money allows and make them pop. Sheer is just creepy)




I really think West should stick to shoes. He seems to excel in shoes. Also, for the shits and giggles - check out the review on style.com. They reference his mortifying grammy appearance in the first part of the article.

To be honest, as long as he keeps doing stuff like that and appearing on stage to interrupt real artists then he will never be taken seriously as one. Telling an artist who plays 14 instruments and works as hard as Beck does to create something that isn't mainstream is pathetic. Oh and to give it to a real artist - Beyonce. The woman who granted has an amazing voice but takes an entire team to produce one record. It makes me so angry. In one voice he bleats about being taken seriously as an artist and as a designer but then does stuff like this? Then wants to break into an industry where more qualified persons have crashed and burned???

Nothing makes you more ignorant then money.....But then I guess I'm just angry as I saw Riot Club last night and those boys make you really hate money!!!!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar